Marantz AV8805 13-channel AV Preamplifier Flagship (2018)
Loading, please wait…
Features 13.2 channel processor, 4K Ultra HD, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AK4490 32-bit DACs
At CES 2018, Marantz introduced their flagship AV preamplifier for home theater priced at $4500. The Marantz AV8805 provides 13.2 channel processing capability, and supports virtually any high-resolution multichannel audio format, along with 4K video. It’s designed for use with high-quality external power amplification or active speakers. It also hosts Marantz’s unique Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) for all channels independently and full wireless multi-room audio, which enables a whole-home audio experience.
Blending a futuristic minimalist design, the Marantz AV8805 produces superb surround sound from the latest 3D audio formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D decoding. Auro 3D will be added via a future firmware update at no extra charge. Further, the AV8805 enhances audio quality to ensure all high resolution audio formats and playbacks are fully supported for optimal fidelity.
As a result of rigorous mechanical testing, the Marantz AV8805 offers both amazing high resolution, reproduction and flexibility for music and movies through its top-of-the-line, premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs across all channels and XLR input and outputs. Additionally, the processor boasts a balanced XLR stereo input, as well as assignable 15.2 balanced XLR outputs, which includes two subwoofer outputs, front height/width outputs and overhead channels. This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures high-end performance in the home and the studio, while 15.2 RCA pre-outs provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types or active speakers, ideal for the integrator.
In addition, the AV8805 further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz HDAM modules in Current Feedback topology, before passing to the XLR or RCA outputs and separate power amp. Consumers looking for world-class home theater and entertainment experiences will find a Phono MM input, perfect for vinyl lovers. With advanced wireless connectivity provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to support its many features, the AV8805 will become a key component of a complete wireless multi-room system. Users can enjoy their favorite music anywhere and everywhere around the home. Streaming capabilities are available with partners such as, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Internet radio, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Soundcloud, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer, Amazon Music Unlimited and Apple Airplay.
The Marantz AV8805 also features an advanced video section, with full 4K compatibility that’s fully compatible with the latest HDMI connectivity and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all eight HDMI inputs. It also comes with enhanced audio return channel (eARC) support (via a firmware update) for the most advanced audio formats via single HDMI connection between the AV8805 and compatible TVs.
For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AV8805 features an IR (infrared) remote control input and output on the rear panel, along with dual 12V trigger outputs. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AV8805 features an RS-232C serial port with Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment. Lastly, Marantz’s AV8805 also comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ to deliver the ultimate equalization for your home theater space.
“The Marantz AV8805 disrupts the pre-amplifier category with more channel processing, high-resolution sound, 4K ultra HD, and the latest in custom integration functionality to sync with modern 3rd party controllers and revolutionize the entertainment experience. This next-generation, high-performance system was designed to meticulously handle even the finest audio formats,” said Emmanuel Millot, global brand director at Marantz.
Price and Availability
The Marantz AV8805 will be available February 2018 through authorized Marantz retailers for $4,499.
- 13.2 channel processing with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages — ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Enjoy immersive, three-dimensional sound with the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4), DTS:X and Auro-3D (up to 13.1)
- High-performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels provide the highest resolution for music and movies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ deliver equalization to best suit your listening environment
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support offer improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Listen from any room of your home with HEOS wireless music streaming technology and the HEOS app
- Ultimate visual quality with 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Eight HDMI inputs, including one on the front, with full HDCP 2.2 support, plus three HDMI outputs (zones), plenty of inputs for your digital devices and the ability to support different video in different rooms
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources, plus full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Stream music from AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and more via the HEOS app
- Network music streaming supported via DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAVsupport for high-resolution, Hi-Fi listening
- Installation and operation are seamless with the Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote app
Where to Buy
Loading, please wait…